With the need for landlords to comply with the Minimum Energy Efficiency standard (MEES), and achieve a grade E or above in Energy Performance for their rental properties, along with the increasing prices of gas and electric prices, it is important to remain energy efficient.
Here at Worcester City Lettings, we are updated on various available schemes, such as the Home Upgrade Grant. This is available to eligible homes, providing funding to improve the energy performance and heating systems of gas grid homes in England. Worcester City has been awarded £1,012,000 to upgrade 51 Homes by March 2025. Rental properties require a landlord contribution of one-third of the cost.
Please find eligibility criteria to follow:
Owners and Occupiers:
- Occupier (Tenant) household income less than £31,000
- Maximum of 4 properties in rental portfolio
- Not received subsidies of more than £315,000
- Must not be heated by Mains Gas
- EPC rating of Band D or below
- Rented properties must be MEES compliant
To find out more please contact Sam Anderson, our Project Support worker, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or express a further interest through Act On Energy on 0800 988 2881 or by email on actonenergy.org.uk.